Exhibit with Us
SPECTRE Arts boasts a 600 sq ft. gallery space in the front of the building.
We accept proposals for exhibitions on an ongoing basis.
Artists from various mediums are encouraged to apply.
SPECTRE Arts will accept proposals on an ongoing basis. Artists must complete the proposal application for consideration. If you are chosen to exhibit with us, we will contact you with regards to the exhibition schedule. Once accepted, artists must submit additional material for publicity and marketing purposes.
Decisions will be made based on the following criteria:
– A clearly articulated statement of a central idea for the exhibition.
– Aesthetic resonance between work in a single medium or significant dialog presented across multiple mediums.
– Suitability for the venue.
Proposals are accepted online via email to email@example.com. Proposals formatted incorrectly or those that do not include all requested information will not be considered. Proposals should include:
1. Cover sheet— Include your name and contact information (email, mailing address, and phone number). In the case of group exhibits, there should be one person designated to submit the proposal and act as contact person.
2. Artist’s resume– Submit one for each artist and/or information about your group.
3. Proposal Narrative—The proposal narrative is a one- to three-page written narrative that details the proposed theme and contents of the exhibition. When writing your proposal narrative include the following:
– Title of the exhibition.
– List of exhibitors.
– Why the works are coming together for exhibition.
– Artistic, social, cultural implications of the exhibition.
– How the exhibition relates to the mission of SPECTRE Arts.
– Types of media employed.
– How the space will be utilized.
– Describe any other events in conjunction with the exhibition (e.g. silent auction, gallery talk, lecture, performance, etc.).
4. Visual support— Include digital images and an initial proposed layout of the gallery. Images should be no larger than 400x600 pixels and 72 DPI.
5. Technical requirements for exhibition—Describe the hanging materials, internet connection, projectors, etc. required for the exhibition.
Please submit proposal documents digitally as Microsoft Word documents or pdf files and low-resolution jpeg (72 dpi, 400 x 600). The files may be emailed in a ZIP with all other inclusive proposal materials only. Discs or other external media will not be accepted.
Each selected artist or group of artists is expected to plan and install their exhibition in conversation with representatives of SPECTRE. With 2,400 square feet (approx. 40’ x 60’) and an 8-foot privacy fence, SPECTRE Arts has a wonderful outdoor garden space that is ready for your theater, music, or other performance events. The outdoor space includes a large stage, lighting over the yard, and electrical outlets for all of your equipment needs.
Our greenspace is a large, grassy field that sits ready for you to throw out blankets and sit on the lawn or put out seating and tables. Outside can comfortably accommodate 300 guests standing or 150 seated.
The 600 square foot inside gallery space is available for smaller and more intimate performances. The interior space can accommodate 100 guests standing or 40 seated.
There is also a kitchenette and full bathroom available to use with your booking.
For more information and to request a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.